Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Table Read

I sincerely hope the sprained ankle I sustained yesterday is not a severe problem in the making of this film. It sertainly hurts like hell and makes it difficult to walk. This happened under extremely strenous circumstances: I stepped off the front porch on my way to the mailbox.

Laste night we had the first table read with the actors. A few important cast members, like Brandyn "Merlin" Cross and Kayla "Jenny" Dudley, were absent, but overall I was quite happy with the result. In particular, I was thrilled with the performance of Chase McKnight, who will be playing Lance. Lance is not an easy character to pull off, and Chase hit it out of the park, giving what may be the best performance I've ever seen at a first read-through. And remember, this kid is, like, 13.

All in all, a great begining for the rehearsal process.

No comments: